What are you going to do to help stem the ever increasing release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere? To help diminish the effect humanity has been having on Earth’s climate? To ensure that future humans can enjoy the same planet we do?
First of all, if you haven’t yet seen An Inconvenient Truth, I strongly recommend that you do so now. I recently watched it, and was quite impressed—impressed enough that I promptly purchased my own copy and invited several friends over to watch it. There is plenty of information on the Internet if you want to know more about the film; below is part of the e-mail I sent to my friends when inviting them to see it.
- Rated “93% fresh” at rottentomatoes.com
- Rated B+ (critics’ reviews) at Yahoo! Movies
- Third-highest-grossing documentary of all time, according to Box Office Mojo
- “The film is a paragon of clear science communication. It explains the workings of complex physical phenomena, such as the jet stream, while chronicling the reality of glaciers receding and the increase in carbon dioxide emissions and global temperatures.” — Policy Leader of the Year: Al Gore — Scientific American
- “How well does the film handle the science? Admirably, I thought. It is remarkably up to date, with reference to some of the very latest research.” — RealClimate, a weblog maintained by eleven climate scientists (and a finalist for Best Science Blog at the 2006 Weblog Awards) Continue reading “What Are You Going to Do About Global Warming?”